Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cant Play Music Bluetooth On Home Cinema

2. What's in Social Communication at USC?

Urgent letter

Next is the text of the letter from Luis Alfonso Mena S., professor at the School of Communication at the Universidad Santiago de Cali, USC, and Director of Journalism FREE!, the Board and the Claims Committee of the Union Professors of the institution, Siprusaca, requesting his intervention to prevent deterioration of their employment status in this Faculty and denouncing the abuse of that has been targeted for some time.

Cali, Thursday January 20, 2011

Partners
BOARD AND COMMITTEE OF THE UNION CLAIMS
UNIVERSITY TEACHERS OF SANTIAGO DE CALI, SIPRUSACA
ESC

Dear colleagues:

I inform you that at the time I finished writing this letter (9:00 pm), and the reformulation did not claim, I am contractually outside Santiago de Cali University , USC, as the Social Communication Faculty assigned to me only three hours / chair for the academic year 2011-A, instead of fifteen he had in the first half 2010-B. Three additional hours were completed with six, he actually belonged to another teacher and so I proceeded to return them.

Thus, according to the agreement of the Roundtable's December 21, 2010 signed between the Directorate of the University and the Commission of the Union, not achieving all six hours stipulated therein, is lost my right to a job order contract, a fact with which are unknown, also 14 years of uninterrupted work in training, day to day chair to chair, hundreds of students, many of whom now play in great detail in many different media and places not only in Colombia but in the world.


Paradoxically, symptomatic that this occurs just after the semester in which edited, with their own efforts, Decoding traces. Journalism mimeograph to cyberspace, a book that summarizes, among other things, my contribution to teaching journalism training in the universities where I worked. Also, after consolidation of the issue of the journal virtual Journalism Free!, exercise of academic production and ongoing communication. And besides, after No. 13, edited the school newspaper Bracket, independent journalism workshop development with emphasis that my students coordinate and caused them much discomfort a few at USC for the reports and serious questions and documents found on him about the deep crisis of Santiago. Bracket circulates through the efforts of teachers and their students without donations from the university, since 1999, when I took the orientation of the emphasis in Journalism.

As I can attest, in profusion, the deterioration of my association work at USC has been gradual and without any professional or academic justification, because, first, semester after semester course load have been lost and, secondly, I have been denied the possibility of contracting with stability to avoid the dramatic episode of having to claim from the beginning of each class period the assignment as if it were a newcomer to the Alma Mater or had no merit, especially since the Department School of Communication at the USC does not make any recognition - in practice, not words - of my path more than three decades of journalism, or my contribution to the communication program, or my humanistic education, now strengthened with expertise in history have just completed with the Universidad del Valle with a high GPA.

set Everything described an act of institutional abuse, in full disregard of the rights that protect them, especially if one takes into account the blanket immunity for making me part of the Claims Commission Siprusaca. The abuse has been setting up, as I said, some time ago and claims to the contrary, the Dean of the Faculty, Arturo Fernández Arenas, who, while talk to me after the general meeting of teachers of Humanities held on Wednesday 19 January, printed a document previously prepared by him, entitled "Case Luis Alfonso Mena", which made four attempts to justify the progressive deterioration of my situation work.

The said document also includes eight paintings with an incomplete for the hours I've given, as the Dean said he was unaware that I had taught in Journalism Emphasis for the new curriculum, in 2009-A, which effectively dictated chairs. This text is very strange the following statement the executive:

"As can be calm and defend our position is that under no circumstances has acted erratically with the teacher, nor have we had intended to worsen their condition .... " (Emphasis added.)

Before such confession raises several questions: Why and for whom the Dean of the Faculty of Communication at the USC was ready with an answer you have studied and written against some claims so far I had not made? Although he tries, unsuccessfully, to prove that I have not been downgraded, that statement is not an implicit admission that there is responsibility for the blatant and obvious deterioration of my situation? Is not it an advance to justify the unjustifiable? Why, since before I reclaim, and spoke of "defending our position," as if it were a war with the teacher? Why else are contractual possibilities of improvement based on merit, not on other considerations, they do not materialize for me?

The paper says no I wanted to participate in contests for office professorial-time, full time and part-time, which is false, because when it opened tenders for this purpose I was working in the El Pais newspaper and in correspondence with my ethical values, no could be in another post that implied a connection with time and place responsibilities over and above what they already had with the USC. After I left the country three years ago and two months, although several teachers were appointed, even without competition, in the ways mentioned above, I never had in mind for them, even though the directors of the Faculty had full knowledge of my available time and place since November 2007 and made me promises, unfulfilled, for improvement.

The Dean announced at the meeting of January 19, 2011 that auscultaría "other possibilities" of academic load for me that in any case, there would be equal to fifteen hours I had until the period 2010-B, nor would it be all in Cali, but include a few hours at the headquarters of Palmyra, with the implications of this for my pauper budget, it would have to incur costly travel expenses from the town of Jamundi, where I live, to the Villa de las Palmas.

Upon finishing the writing of this letter, I repeat, I'm out of USC because I have not received a response in the opposite direction of the Faculty of Social Communication.

One final thought: it is worrying that the Department is excluding teachers journalists, despite the support given by the American Council for Accreditation of Education in Journalism, Claep, was the result, largely high evaluation of this entity did Emphasis students to coordinate.

addition to what is happening me, for this semester were not called to give their help teachers Lisandro Pena, program director Dawn transmitted by the regional channel Telepacífico, and Oswaldo Paez, photo editor of the newspaper El Pais, honored with national and international awards. However, despite the contributions made by these teachers, and the 25 works produced in television journalism classes first, several of which were broadcast by Telepacífico, and great photography exhibition with works by his students organized for the second and housed for two months by the Departmental Library.

This way, it hurts the education of students, shattering the experience developed in the Emphasis in Journalism, from whose womb were born so many communities now recognized in many different scenarios, and, worst of all, it squandered the opportunity to consolidate Profile of journalist Santiago: a critical humanist, seasoned and competent.

What is in motion is an act of censorship by journalism and the army taught at the University, and a criminal prosecution in the Law 1010, 2006, Workplace Harassment, the Faculty Policy Social Communication at USC now support the Agreement of 21 December 2010.

Based on the foregoing, I request the Board and the Claims Commission Siprusaca his decisive intervention to respect my rights at work and does not affect my dire situation more staff, further deterioration affects my family stability and goes against my dignity.
Fraternally

MENA LUIS ALFONSO S.
Teaching

0 comments:

Post a Comment